Some of the highlights of the day included:
- The first ever HR Town Hall with Elliot Clark and Peter Cappelli
- Chief HR Officer Panel Discussion with Jenn Mann, SAS; Michelle Crosby, FRHI Hotels & Resorts; Kimberly Hauer, Caterpillar Inc.; Matthew Owenby, Aflac; and Pat Wadors, LinkedIn
- CHRO Panel: PHR to CEO with Debbie Bolla, HRO Today; Laurie Dalton, gategroup, North America; Mark Gasta, Vail Resorts; Tim Mulligan, Chief Human Resource Officer, San Diego Zoo Global; Candace Osunsade, National Aquarium
- The GOLD Standard:‘Globally Operated, Locally Delivered’ RPO with Adam Blumberg, Korn Ferry Futurestep; and Jerod Funke, Tyco
- Networking breaks in the exhibit hall
- Talent Acquisition Leader of the Year Award Luncheon
- Multiple plenary sessions
-Non-Profit winner: Naomi Cramer, VP of Talent Acquisition of Banner Health
-For Profit winner: Yvette Stortz, Global VP of Talent Acquisition of Schneider Electric
-Innovation winner: Chris Brabec, VP of Talent Acquisition of Western Union
(Photo, left: Attendees at the luncheon begin to take their seats for the awards ceremony)
After a full day of learning and listening, HRO Today Forum attendees headed over to The Second City comedy club for an evening of laughs and entertainment.
First up was a "Presidential Debate" with a panel of CHROs and Elliot Clark as the moderator. Then panel did not know the questions in advance, but were able to improv their answers with skill and humor. Then a set of improv actors came out and performed their improv sketch for the group. It was a fun evening that the audience seemed to enjoy.
(Photo, right: Elliot Clark introduces the panel who have to answer his challenging and humorous questions.)
Thanks to all who participated in day 2, and stay tuned for an update on day 3, our final day in Chicago!